The strategic programme focus area aims to:
- Improving participation of citizens in public affairs;
- Increasing awareness, access and use of public information; and.
- Applying technology and innovation value drivers to disseminate public information to users.
A number of specific objectives have been identified to achieve these goals. The strategies required in this strategic program focus area include: Promoting collaboration, networks, partnerships with National Government and County Governments and integration amongst broadcasting TV stations, Radio FM stations in all vernacular languages; Expanding use of the social media including: website, twitter, facebook, and coordinating office newsletter;
- Developing communication strategy;
- Incorporating and implementing a communication plan for NTA and all stakeholders;
- Developing a framework for disseminating and accessing of public information; and,
- Improving user friendliness of the public information and dissemination systems
The strategic objectives for this strategic programme focus area are to:
- Building a Knowledge Centre in East African Community (EAC) that will generate and provide accurate, relevant, reliable and suitable information on tax matters;
- Establishing knowledge nodes to facilitate performance of public services, information dissemination, information exchange, and networking;
- Establishing collaboration with research institutes, universities both local and international that will undertake research on tax regimes; and,
- Establishing knowledge incubation hubs in counties for business, vocational training, and exchange programmes.
Specific strategies to pursue these strategic objectives include:
- Developing partnerships with international research institutes on tax regimes;
- Developing partnerships with National Government and County Governments, Development Partners and private sector;
- Establishing networks for learning, information exchange, knowledge sharing, and development of talents; and,
- Enhancing partnership development with County Governments.